The PowerPlex Jr. Volleyball League is an 8 week instructional COED league for 2nd – 7th grade volleyball players. The IPP Jr. VB League will provide the players with 8 weeks of game/ league play experience. The first part of the session will be focused on the players learning the rules of the game and the fundamentals (camp style) with the Iowa PowerPlex Staff! The last 30/45 minutes will be an instructional scrimmage. During the scrimmage the Iowa Power Plex Coach will assist the volunteer coach with questions and give instruction to players.
Players will use volleylite balls, tennis balls, and lower nets to help establish correct form. Coaches will be given sample drills and instructions for how to add onto drills or practices if they choose. As mentioned the scrimmage half will be a game format for beginner volleyball players that want to learn the game the right way. Older ages may have some more experienced players and drills and scrimmages will be modified in or to challenge them as well. Players can sign up as a complete team with a coach or as a free agent. A complete team consists of 6-10 players and a parent coach. Each player will be registered as a free agent and allowed to note the specific coach. If they don’t have a team they can register as a free agent and will be assigned to a coach.
Included in the cost:
Parent Volunteer Coaches Needed – If you are willing to coach please establish that on your child’s registration page in the comments section. If you chose to volunteer you will receive a $30 discount. IPP staff will lead instruction, volunteer coaches will just need to help during game play to keep games running smoothly.
2nd/ 3rd Graders COED (Combined) 45 min instruction and 30 minute game play
4th/5th Graders COED (Combined)45 minute instruction and 30 minute game play
6th/7th Graders COED (Combined) 45 minute instruction and 45 minute game play
JR. Powerplex Volleyball League Schedule – 2018 season
8 Week Sessions , Cost of $135 is per 1- 8 week session, 7 weeks of regular session and last week will include an end of the season tournament.
Session 1 – April 3rd – May 24th, 2018
– IPP Jr. League Schedule – Session 1 (Schedule will be released after registration deadline date)
– 2nd/ 3rd Grade – 5:00pm to 6:15pm
– 6th/ 7th Grade – 6:30pm to 8:00pm
– 4th/ 5th Grade – 5pm to 6:30pm
Session 2 – August 2nd – September 25th, 2018
– IPP Jr. League Schedule – Session 2 (Schedule will be released after registration deadline date)
– 2nd/ 3rd Grade – 5pm to 6:15pm
– 6th/ 7th Grade – 6:30pm to 8pm
– 4th/ 5th Grade – 5pm to 6:15pm
Recommendations: In addition to the jr. league Iowa PowerPlex recommends Academy or lessons to help increase the players skills. For more information please look under Iowa PowerPlex Academy or follow the links below. Players participating in the Jr. League please enter JRLEAGUE in the comments section on the registration page for Academy or lessons for the dual discount.
Jr. League Perks!!!
Jr. League Semi-private lesson discount:
– If you ARE are enrolled in the Jr. League we are offering a special deal on semi-private lesson and Jr. Academy.
– Semi-private lessons will be 2-4 of similar age and ability.
– Lesson special discount is 5 lessons for $200
– Lessons are scheduled and purchased by our lesson coordinator. If you are interested in lessons please email KK Palea – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Jr. Academy is an additional pracitce each Sunday night. This enhances our Jr. League and provides skill specitic practices once a week (in additiona to Jr. League pracitces).
Location – Waukee IA @ SportsPlex West or additional facility TBD
Schedule will be posted prior to season start
How to register an Entry fee
Free Agents (Individual) – $135
$30 late fee will be applied after deadline
Teams will have up to 10 players and you need a minimum of 6. If you have a coach you would like to be assigned to please list their name preference during registration in the comments section.
Session 1 Deadline – March 31st 2018
Late fee of $30 will applied to those that register after March 31st, 2018
Session 2 Deadline – July 25th, 2018
Late fee of $30 will applied to those that register after July 25th, 2018
email@example.com (Kelsey & Alyssa) or Sportsplex West – 515-987-0806
Directors – Crissy Nelson/ Tina Miranda
895 SE Olson Drive, Waukee IA